Email:

daniel.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Packages/Mail:

All packages are to be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. They do seem to arrive intact within 2-4 weeks.
Elder Daniel Blanchard

Mision El Salvador Santa Ana

Apartado Postal #142

Santa Ana, El Salvador, C.A.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Week 29 (Nopal)



This week was really good.

I’m loving this new area and my new comp. We had the baptism this week and it went really well. The baptism we had for next week fell through because he didn’t come to church, because he had to work. So that sucked. 


This week though we put another date for  a guy who has met with missionaries on and off for 3 years. He has never come to church. Until this week. We did some service with him and worked really hard with him, and he came to church and basically put the date for himself because he asked when the next baptism was and said he would see if he was ready by then. It will take a lot of work cause he’s not married with his wife, and apparently he smokes  a lot of pot. 

Our investigator is literally a white grandpa. He's got a Harley, likes hunting, wears cowboy boots and has gnomes.  He is our front door neighbor. He's whiter than me.

The members are super nice here too but they didn’t really work but that’s alright.

Being district leader is super nice but it kind of sucks because I get less sleep, but I have a feeling my nights of going to bed somewhat early are done.


The work here is going good.  Me and my comp have a lot of fun contacting people now because we are both pretty bold and we get along with the people really well. We just start off by talking to people and just getting to know them and we get them super comfortable. It’s amazing how much of a difference it makes for people to let us in when one of the comps isn’t super angry and does the voicemail routine.

Well apparently holding animals is against the mission rules. So ignore these pictures.
 
Also my new comp is a Latino who can sing. It’s so nice, now  we can actually start lessons with singing, and it invites the spirit instead of scaring it away haha. 

My old comp misses me though, he’s called me a couple of times to see how I’m doing.  Also I have been seeing a lot of the members from the old ward and I saw the investigator who was afraid to leave his wife in the road cause he sells juice on his bike.

My area is five minutes from my old one so it’s nice seeing the old members but weird too.

Pic from my old area, a road I hated to walk on because it took us 40 mins to walk.
 
This week a bunch of us got an email from the US embassy  saying that being here is super dangerous and to be careful haha. My area is even more chill than my last one.

Have a good week.

Love Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment