Email:

daniel.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Packages/Mail:

All packages are to be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. They do seem to arrive intact within 2-4 weeks.
Elder Daniel Blanchard

Mision El Salvador Santa Ana

Apartado Postal #142

Santa Ana, El Salvador, C.A.

Monday, October 31, 2016

Week 13 (Campestre, Atiquizaya)



I completely forgot about Halloween. Time is flying by so fast. Transfers are in 2 weeks. It’s crazy to think  about. It’s crazy because the weather is one of the things I miss the most. Right now it is hot, and hasn’t rained for two weeks. Literally every person I talk to the weather gets brought up and it makes me miss it even more.

This week was pretty uneventful. We have a couple investigators but they are having a really hard time trying to find the desire to find out if it is true or not, and a lot of them have really big problems with the Book of Mormon and we have been trying to get them to read it but like I said they don’t really have a desire. One of the chapters in the Book of Mormon that I love to use is 2 Nephi chapter 29. But they are still struggling.

Another thing that is struggling is the ward. Every week less people come. We are trying to help the ward but it is really hard. We can’t really figure out what the problem is. We have heard a lot of rumors, but they are just dumb excuses. Also no members means no references so that’s been hard too.
This week was interesting with money though haha, I had 20 bucks left for the week, but I couldn’t get it out of the ATM because I was using the wrong pin haha. So me and my comp were both living off of 5 dollars this week. Which was interesting. I was left with only a quarter to get me to the stake center by bus to write.

Also we went to visit an inactive member whose super old, and he was really sick, and we gave him a blessing. He was really nice and kept giving us Pepsi. We kept trying to get up and leave because we needed to catch the last bus back to where our main area is, and he kept refilling our cups, and then he wanted to say a prayer for us. It was really funny. We ended up making the bus. We could have walked but it would have taken a while, and apparently it was a super dangerous place to walk through. Also we blessed someone’s house this week because they moved.

There’s not much else left to say though, this week was really uneventful.

Hopefully we can get our investigators to progress or find a new one this week. Something this week me and my comp talked about though is the need to be more, less nice. The prophets in the scriptures are always straight to the point and we need to be more clear and direct with them.
One cool experience is we had a lesson with G….., who is the old man that we have been teaching from like since I got here.  He hates all the churches here in El Salvador because he recognizes that they are in apostasy. He is slowly progressing. We just need to be patient with him. But in the lesson we ended off with him needing to have a stronger desire to pray and find out if it’s true.

And then my comp shared the story of when the man came to Jesus with his disabled son and Jesus asks him if he believes, and the man says yes, help me thou mine unbelief, because G….. wants to know by knowledge and not by the spirit. But then I was prompted to twist it, and talked about how he had a desire to believe, but it was a strong desire because it was the only way his son could be saved. I told him really bluntly that he needs to have a desire as strong as this or he won’t receive an answer and to stop trying to go about things through his own wisdom. The spirit was really strong and he seemed like it changed his perspective a little bit. But Hopefully things change with him though. We haven’t had another lesson with him yet though because that was Saturday.

Other than that nothing. Sorry I didn’t take any pictures this week because nothing happened, and I didn't really have my camera with me.

Love Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment