Email:

daniel.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Packages/Mail:

All packages are to be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. They do seem to arrive intact within 2-4 weeks.
Elder Daniel Blanchard

Mision El Salvador Santa Ana

Apartado Postal #142

Santa Ana, El Salvador, C.A.

Monday, October 17, 2016

Week 11 (Campestre, Atiquizaya)


***See MISSION ON THE FLY (www.missiononthefly.com)- A great way to send packages and ensure they get there.  $20 delivery fee with $12 per pound, just put it in a zip lock.  Deadline is Nov. 7 and Dec. 5 and package will arrive in days.  Daniel B-Day is Dec. 18th.***

This week was alright. The work kind of slowed down but then got fast, and then slow. We found a couple new people to teach so this week we will go and teach them. Right now we only have about three who are really progressing. 

This week there were two really sucky days where no one wanted to listen to us and all our appointments fell through. But it was balanced out by a really good day which was packed with lessons. Also one of the sucky days we ended up ending the day going to get dinner at a pupusaria that we hadn’t tried before. It ended up being one of the best pupusarias I had been too. And then while we were eating they started playing a bunch of old classic soft rock songs that I knew and really liked like don’t dream its over by crowded house and a couple songs by Brian Adams. I thought it was a really funny tender mercy.
 

 
Also this Sunday, Dallin H Oaks is coming to talk to all of El Salvador in the capitol, and we can go, we just have to bring 50 investigators from every ward. Which is going to be a struggle because barely 50 people go to church. The members will need to help a lot to make it happen, but we are still really excited to go hear him.

One of the things I miss is the temple. We were eating with a member on Sunday and her parents came and visited her, they had just got back from serving their second mission in the Guatemala temple. She told me to make sure my family is doing work for the dead because everyone time you do work for someone who is dead, I will find someone new. They were super old and I chuckled a bit because I know how much temple work you guys do.

The language is coming good though, in lessons it is almost perfect. The only problem is normal conversation because there is so much vocabulary I don’t know.

I got your package last week by the way. It was really good, especially the Nutella. 


I can’t remember what else happened this week though. Oh hahaha, we were in a lesson last Monday and it was a really good lesson with this young couple who the husband is a inactive member who is super positive, and his wife is catholic, well it was the end of a super powerful lesson, and I was bearing my testimony at the end of everything to get them to keep the commitments, and just a super long testimony and I was finishing it off by saying that I knew that this was the only was way she could become clean from her sins.. but I said pescados instead of pecados, which is fish, but you guys already know that, but when I said it I realized it and corrected myself luckily it didn’t take away too much from the spirit, but I almost started laughing because in my mind I was thinking, hmm yeah fish do really suck and I wish I could become clean from then, like it was my subconscious making a joke, and I almost laughed at my own joke haha. After the lesson me and my companion laughed about it.

Everything’s going good though, and this week should be a good one.

Love Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment