Email:

daniel.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Packages/Mail:

All packages are to be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. They do seem to arrive intact within 2-4 weeks.
Elder Daniel Blanchard

Mision El Salvador Santa Ana

Apartado Postal #142

Santa Ana, El Salvador, C.A.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Week 12 (Campestre, Atiquizaya)



Hello, this week was crazy. 
 
I sat on a primary children's chair on the bus ride to San Salvador


First off yesterday was amazing, after sacrament the whole ward piled into a bus to go to the capitol an hour away to listen to Dallin H. Oaks.  It was an amazing experience and I have no doubt that he is an apostle of the Lord. We ended up bringing 3 investigators, which is kind of far from 50, but we still went.


Early this week the other elders in our area were taken out in emergency transfers so we didn’t have a lot of help in getting investigators, and the ward barely had 50 people come haha. It was still a really good experience. He talked about the Book of Mormon, his testimony, and the trinity. He spoke in English and a guy translated it. His wife also spoke. But he said a lot of things that were really good like if we don’t understand the nature of the godhead, then we can’t understand the purpose of life, why we are here, and the atonement. He also talked about how dangerous El Salvador was and how he has heard a lot about the struggles the members have, and he said this is why this country needs the savior more than anyone else in the world. It was super strong.



We got a couple new investigators, this week and the work is going good and we are keeping busy . We also got all of the investigators of the elders who left, which is two, but it’s better than nothing.

This week we had intercambios and the zone leader came and I led the area. I was really nervous at first but it went really well and we had a lot of good super spiritual lessons. It gave me a lot more confidence is my abilities but made me realize how much more I need to rely on the Lord.


Also a guy  got shot in front of our church, so the really good pupusaria was closed for a couple days because it’s right next to the church. That was sad.

Not much else happened, just a normal week other than those few things. I can definitely feel all your prayers at home and all the work you do in the temple. It’s crazy how time is flying, I finish my training in two weeks. I am really nervous in case I have to train because the president trusts a lot in our group that arrived because we have all been members our whole lives, and he has mentioned a couple times of people training right after they are trained. I will just have to work really hard these  next weeks to be ready in case I am called to do it.

Love Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment