Email:

daniel.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Packages/Mail:

All packages are to be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. They do seem to arrive intact within 2-4 weeks.
Elder Daniel Blanchard

Mision El Salvador Santa Ana

Apartado Postal #142

Santa Ana, El Salvador, C.A.

Monday, January 23, 2017

Week 25 (Campestre, Atiquizaya)


This week was really good because we got to go to the temple as a zone. We went on Friday and left at 5:30 in the morning and returned at 4:30 in the afternoon. It was super fun going with all the zone. I was planning on taking a lot of pictures but my camera died. Although we did have someone named El Tigre who is a photographer in one of the wards who came and took photos of everyone. I will try and find out how I can get hold of these pictures.


We did a session in Spanish and it was super cool. I was nervous at first but it went really well and I understood everything. It was a really good experience and the temple here is beautiful. 

After that we went to a huge mall in San Salvador. I literally felt like I was in a different country. Everything was super modern. We ate China Wok which I have really missed Chinese food. My comp really missed fried rice and was super happy to have it too. 


Then five minutes later he barfed it all up haha. He got sick from the air conditioning as he says. This week nothing interesting happened. The work is really slow right now. It’s really hard on my comp to see so much rejection and to be working hard. 


But this week we had a success as the Ward Council meeting happened. I was super happy about that even though everyone was more than half an hour late. 


Yeah I only have two weeks for changes and I am super excited. Training my comp was really hard but I am so grateful for being able to do so. I learned so much and became 10 times more effective in missionary work. I am excited to see what the next change will bring. 

I have knocked on all the doors in my area at least two times. I know who lives in what houses and the ways the rejected us, so right now it is hard to find the motivation to contact people. 

I had my first mango two days ago. It was super sour and I was disappointed. Everyone here likes things sour with salt on it. They put salt on their oranges and now I like salt on my oranges. It’s just not right. 

ll we have is heat and a lot of dust. All the roads have turned to dust instead of dirt because it hasn’t rained for a while. 

Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment