Email:

daniel.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Packages/Mail:

All packages are to be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. They do seem to arrive intact within 2-4 weeks.
Elder Daniel Blanchard

Mision El Salvador Santa Ana

Apartado Postal #142

Santa Ana, El Salvador, C.A.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Week 4 (Campestre, Atiquizaya)





This week has flown by. It is so crazy here. There are dogs in the street. There are wild herds of 4 or 5 horses roaming the streets. Luckily the heat isn’t bad here at all. When I landed in San Salvador it was so humid, like unbearably, but as we drove to Santa Ana it got better. 


The area I am in is called Campestre. It is huge. It is close to the city Authhcupan something like that haha. The members here are so nice, there are about 50 in the ward. The building is really nice, but it is surrounded by pointy gates haha. The rest of the houses are tiny shacks. The roads are dirt and rocks. Our house is super nice, and it is just me and my companion in it. His name is Elder Rosales from Nicaragua. He is really cool.




We can´t buy instruments here. The Spanish here is really hard to understand though. They use a lot of slang and talk really fast and really soft. Which I don´t get why because they blast their music so loud, like their speakers are as big as their houses, so you think everyone would be deaf and had to talk loud.

Today there was an earthquake, I think I ate something bad yesterday because I had diarrhea this morning and almost threw up on the bus and now I just feel like crap. But good thing it is p-day haha.


Other than that the food is really good, except I had fish already. Luckily it wasn’t that bad, it was fried, and had the texture almost like chicken. So basically it was chicken fingers. I also doused it in ketchup. It has only rainded a couple times here, but when it rains it pours, and is super loud. We have been contacting a lot going door to door, and luckily everyone here is super nice and believes in Jesus Christ Like everywhere you see posters of Jesus. And they also can’t slam their doors, cause they don’t have real doors haha. But it also sucks cause everyone goes to a different church and aren´t interested.




We  taught a couple lessons though, which is hard cause I can´t join in as much cause I can´t understand the people. It is crazy though, everywhere you see people standing outside with shotguns haha, also my front door neighbor is a drug dealer.

Two days ago was cool, we were going to have a lesson with an inactive family named the Campos, but the husband, the only member in the family, wasn’t there, so it was just his wife and his kid. The kids name is Frank and he is two, and he is the cutest fattest kid with a super high voice. Haha but so we couldn’t go inside, a so we just sat on her porch and talked, it was dark because it gets dark at like 6:30
here.  But then her neighbor came, and she’s a single mom named Karin, and she asked me to read her sons English homework while she recorded me so he could hear the right pronunciation. After that we just talked to the two moms for like an hour, but it started off talking about our lives and then at the end it turned super spiritual. So we have lessons with them tonight I think, so hopefully it goes well.
 

Also I am getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, so I will probably have zika in no time haha. Other than that I am loving the country and the members here. Hope all is going well at home

 

Love Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment