Email:

daniel.blanchard@myldsmail.net


Packages/Mail:

All packages are to be sent through the U.S. Postal Service. They do seem to arrive intact within 2-4 weeks.
Elder Daniel Blanchard

Mision El Salvador Santa Ana

Apartado Postal #142

Santa Ana, El Salvador, C.A.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 1 (MTC)



Monday is my P-day now in the MTC so this is the day that I can write.  The time in the MTC has been crazy. But I love it here. I have been so blessed with a great companion and a great district. Everyone is so close and love each other already. My companions name is Elder Pastor and he looks Asian but he is Mexican. But he is from Texas. He is really cool.  My roomates are Elder Alejandro who is the district leader, and then Elder Larson who is from Utah and going to Ecuador. 


The other room is a trio of companions Elder Galarraga from Ecuador but lived in Utah. Elder Rodriguez who was born in Argentina but grew up in Utah. Both going to McAllen Texas. And then Elder Tarbet who is from California and going to Ecuador. Me, Elder Larson and Tarbet are the only gringos and speak about the same amount of Spanish. Me, Pastor and Alejandro are all going to the same mission.


We have classes basically all day, and it is all is Spanish, which I can understand the lessons, but it’s hard for me to share what I want to because my Spanish is super limited, but I try to participate a lot. We have already taught a couple lessons to fake investigators in all Spanish and the lesson went well. I can talk really well about how Heavenly Father loves us and is our literal father, and stuff on this subject.

Every day is crazy though with all the classes and meetings. We met our Branch presidents and they always greet us with hugs, I can't remember all of their names though. My district joined the choir and it was really cool because we learned a cool arrangement of praise to the man, which there were 1577 people in the choir which made it sound super cool. Then we sang it for the devotional on Sunday night which was given by Jeffery R. Holland’s son, which was about Joseph Smiths life and was really cool. There have been rumors that Jeffery R. Holland is actually coming the 20th.


The food is really good and really filling. I’ve been playing soccer for exercise with Galarraga. I don't know what else to say so write you next week.

Love Elder Blanchard

No comments:

Post a Comment